DISCLAIMER: The information found on this blog is merely a suggestion for a healthy diet and healthier way of living. It is by no means a replacement for physician's recommendations and/or specific instructions provided to you by your physician. The authors of this blog will not be held accountable for your choices.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Monday Motivation





I slipped in posting these to the blog, but I'm catching you up! Here was Monday's Motivation!

I love when people ask me what I'm doing to lose weight. Because I LOVE looking at them, straight in the eye, and saying, "I don't diet." That is the key, right there. Three words. I...Don't...Diet. If you are anything like me, you've probably tried a lot of diets before. Heck, I've been on some kind of diet since I was 12. Because I've been overweight nearly my whole life. Detox diets, carb free diets, higher protein diets, you name it, I can tell you how it works. Or, in all actuality, how it didn't. Being healthy is a lifestyle, and it needs to be treated as such. It is not what you are missing out on, what you "have" to eat, or what workouts you "have" to do today, tomorrow, or next month. It is about CHOOSING to eat healthier. CHOOSING to exercise. CHOOSING the life you want for yourself.

In my case, and a lot of you out there as well, it's also about setting an example for the young ones in your life. How am I supposed to encourage my daughter to get out and be active if I, myself, cannot get myself to be active? How can I encourage healthy eating, when I opt not to eat healthy myself? Be the fine example that I know you all are, and do the things we encourage our children, nieces, nephews, siblings, and so on, to do. Make healthy choices, every day. Get plenty of exercise, every day. Challenge yourself, and others will see.

It's not easy. It won't happen overnight. But I promise you, it will be the BEST thing you have EVER done for yourself.

Healthy lifestyle. Healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment