DISCLAIMER: The information found on this blog is merely a suggestion for a healthy diet and healthier way of living. It is by no means a replacement for physician's recommendations and/or specific instructions provided to you by your physician. The authors of this blog will not be held accountable for your choices.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hello Saturday Sweat!

Growing up, one of my favorite movies, for MANY reasons, was Top Gun. One of the scenes I loved most was the volleyball scene (need I say more?), and I ALWAYS wanted to play beach volleyball. I played indoor volleyball for fun through my church league, and that was one of my favorite times in school PE. I was pretty good, if I may say so myself. ;)

I always imagined taking my suave moves to the sand, and, as many of us do, I pictured myself flawless in movement and execution of skills. Many years later, I had the opportunity to actually play some beach volleyball, 2 on 2, me and my girlfriend against two guy friends. Here was my moment. I was ready. I was poised for the serve, smooth on my blocking, brilliant on my set ups. Then the moment came, you know which one I'm talking about. The moment when the ball is just outside your capable reach unless you make that beautiful dive into the sand and save the day. No part of me hesitated to take it, that moment was.....HORRIBLE! LOL!!

I dove, arms out, hands together, and you know what I realized? Beach volleyball is INTENSE! Yes, I made the save, but absolutely zero part of my logic thought, "Hey, you're a chick, you've got boobs, this might hurt." Boy did it! I imagine it felt something like when a guy gets kicked in his nether region. Gasping for breath, unable to catch it, the feeling that your boobs are coming out your back, yeah, that's about how that went.

Suffice it to say, with the exception of my all too brilliant fail of a dive, boob wise, I was sweating up a storm! Moving through the sand was something I never anticipated have to conquer, yet that was what made that game a little more intense, and so thrilling.

So today's challenge is to go old school. Get outside, play some basketball, softball, beach volleyball. Rollerskate, skateboard, bicycle, swim, get out and do something you rarely make time for, and sweat it out. Make it the most intense swim you've ever swam, speed skate through a park or along a boardwalk, play some 1 on 1, or hit the batting cage. Be a kid again, and just go wild! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment