DISCLAIMER: The information found on this blog is merely a suggestion for a healthy diet and healthier way of living. It is by no means a replacement for physician's recommendations and/or specific instructions provided to you by your physician. The authors of this blog will not be held accountable for your choices.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Our First Bio!
















Hello! I'll be the first bio this week, just to kick things off! 

Name: Coree

Birthday: June 6, 1978

Location: San Diego, California

Why do you want to lose weight?
I want to lose weight because I am diabetic and I want to be around for a long time. I need to have my blood sugars under control in order for my husband and I to be able to try to have children, as being diabetic carrying a child is a tough challenge since many things can go wrong.

How much weight do you want to lose?
I want to lose at least 75 pounds, but if I get that far and I could stand to lose another 5-10 pounds, then I'll do it!

What is your favorite motivational, get you moving, workout song?
I love Christina Aguilera's Stripped album! It is very upbeat and gives me something to move to. My favorite song off that album is Fighter. That's like my life theme song!

What else do you want to tell us about you?
I've tried a million diets. You name it, I've most likely done it or a version thereof.  Nine years ago, I had a surgery to remove a cyst that had made me gain so much weight, that I was near 300 lbs. It took me forever to get down to 250. Last year, I saw myself climbing up the scale again, and I said, "NO MORE!!" I started dieting, watching what I ate, which being a diabetic I really should have been doing all along, and I started to try to be a little more active in my daily activities. At the year's end, I had lost 45 pounds! This is nothing that I cannot do. It is nothing that we, together, cannot do. Anything is possible. I have my goals, and I am out to set them, and will not be stopped. I'm tired of being overweight, and I'm on a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment