DISCLAIMER: The information found on this blog is merely a suggestion for a healthy diet and healthier way of living. It is by no means a replacement for physician's recommendations and/or specific instructions provided to you by your physician. The authors of this blog will not be held accountable for your choices.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Work It....Own It.....Days 7-10

I decided that I'm only going to update this twice a week. I've been pretty busy lately, and by the time I get to writing at the end of the night, I'm just exhausted. Not to mention, that posting a daily workout journal can be a bit much for some to read, and by the end of the first week, many are probably wondering when the heck I'm going to stop. So we'll see how it goes for the next couple of weeks like this, and then I'll take it from there. :)

This week, not only am I doing my 25/25 Challenge, I've upgraded my workouts. I am now doing two workouts (on most days that is!), and then trying to get in a little Yoga as well. The Yoga really helps with my back, and just my overall body. Some nice stretches to stretch my muscles, and really clear my mind. Not to mention, Yoga helps with my balance, which is something that has gone down hill since I haven't been exercising as much. My workouts never exceed 45 minutes, but most of them are only 30 minutes long. However, when you're doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred as one of your workouts, and then perhaps the Biggest Loser Challenge for Wii as the other workout, you're getting a pretty full workout!

Sunday was a rest day, or was supposed to be, so I only did Yoga that day, just to keep me limber and focused. Monday was the circuits from hell day! I swear I did so many squats, I could have squat around the globe and back! Needless to say, my legs that day were pretty much the consistency of jello, and every squat since has hurt like a.....well, it hurt!! Tuesday wasn't so bad, a little circuit training via Jillian, and then two sessions of Yoga. Wednesday, which was supposed to be another "rest" day, was, in fact, not. But that was my choice. I decided to work it because I feel lazy on my "rest" days. I know that the body needs time to heal from the working out, and I fully get that. But I feel like I've been on my groove this past week, and I just hate the slow days where I'm thrown off my rhythm a little. So I did more Yoga, and some challenges on my Biggest Loser for Wii.

Just to keep you up-to-date on the different things that I am doing for my various exercises, here's the breakdown:

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD - Three levels of circuit workouts by JM, with Level 3 being the biggest variety of exercises and the most difficult in degree.

Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2011 Wii - This actually is compiled of JM circuits, just made in to a game where you are fighting villains and crime in different challenges once you've worked out enough to participate in those. I have yet to do a challenge, or as she calls them "missions," because I have only had time to complete the workout and move on with my day. One of these days, I will try it!

The Biggest Loser Challenge Wii - Between Bob and Jillian, you are worked to the EXTREME!!! Not to mention the weekly weigh ins, and the weekly challenges as well. Each weekly challenge put you up against former Biggest Loser contestants in challenges that they participated in. Of course, you are only doing the physical challenges that were done on the shows, but still, they are difficult and in order to improve your weekly score, you have to do well.

Vacation Beach Isle Wii - I know, sounds like a slackers workout, right? I thought so, too. And while, yes, many of the activities do not require that much motion, 90% of the games focus on balance and stability, and the ever important hand-eye coordination. So these are kind of like mental-to-physical activities, and more done as a third workout during a day, or on my rest days so I still get a little movement and action. However, let's not be to quick to pass this one off. The Hula Dancing and Fire Dancing are quite involved, and the higher your degree of difficulty, the more you definitely feel the burn. Let's just say, I'm Hawaiian, and MY hips and obliques hurt after five rounds of hula dancing!!

Boot Camp Wii - Yep, seems like a silly game, right? My husband and I actually got this one just for fun. But after the first time of playing, we were so physically exhausted! The activities range from shooting things out of the sky to peeling potatoes, every job that would be done by a soldier at boot camp! The main thing that keeps this game up there with a workout status is that the motions that you have to do to complete an activity are so involved, that you literally are aching by the time you are done with ONE activity, let alone a whole chain of activities. It may not be a "Booty" Boot Camp, but it is a boot camp nonetheless!

Wii Fit Plus - Yes, Wii Fit Plus has a variety of exercises that can keep you going. I just find that the time between each exercise keeps me from having a constant high heart rate that is required in a good workout. I, therefore, keep this one around purely for "extra" little workouts throughout the week, and on my two rest days.

So far, that is all I'm working with. Along with my membership to Jillian Michaels online program which gives me circuits to complete. But, honestly, you can get that information from a number of her books, and all the exercises that she showcases in her online program are featured in her "Winning by Losing" book, and in her DVD's and Wii game, Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2011. So you could save yourself a membership fee, and just go stock up on her books and DVD's and save yourself money in the long run. :)

Today was the first day that I looked in the mirror and physically SAW a difference in how I look. I have noticed a difference in how I feel, but that is secondary to if I actually see a difference when I look in the mirror. Let me just say, that when I looked in the mirror, and noticed a layer of fat missing from my body, I was practically in tears. It pays to do the workouts. It pays to watch your portions. It pays to do the work.

Good luck on your workouts, and keep moving! Even if you're only walking everyday, keep it up! Something is better than nothing, and you will eventually see a new you standing in front of your mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment