DISCLAIMER: The information found on this blog is merely a suggestion for a healthy diet and healthier way of living. It is by no means a replacement for physician's recommendations and/or specific instructions provided to you by your physician. The authors of this blog will not be held accountable for your choices.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Work It....Own It.....Day 11-14

Well, this week was another good one for me! Thursday brought forth a challenge for me in upping my degree of difficulty in my Biggest Loser Challenge game for the Wii. From Low intensity to Moderate, which extended my workouts from 20 minutes to 30. So now, I do 30 minutes of circuits, 30 minutes in whatever for the Biggest Loser Challenge, and then an optional 20 minutes Yoga. Before, I did three workouts, and they equaled about 1 hour 10 minutes. But with the more intense workout being 30 minutes, I do not have to supplement my two workouts anymore, unless, of course, I want to. :)

Friday brought upon me a rest day. Since I skipped my rest day on Wednesday to get more working out in before my weigh in on Friday morning, I opted to move Wednesday's rest day to Friday. Which I very much needed after my million squats throughout the week! Saturday was a cardio day, and walking was the word! I needed something a little less intense than biking, rowing, or some other sort of cardio. Sunday brought another rest day, which was fine since I was not particularly feeling too well over the weekend.

My 25/25 Challenge was a success, and I completed 25 Push Ups and 25 Sit Ups/Crunches every single day this week. I actually enjoyed this exercise so much, that I am going to make it a monthly challenge to see if I can do 25 Push Ups and 25 Sit Ups/Crunches for every day in June. I really felt a difference in my arms, and my core muscles are more taught this week having done this challenge. I really think this will make a difference in my arm strength, and help my core muscles to tighten up more so when all the fat that surrounds my abs are gone, I will have a nice tummy to show for all my hard work! :)

My weigh in this week was another success! 1.3 lbs down, 1 inch from the waist, and 1/2 inch from the hips. I'LL TAKE IT!!! That brings me to a total of 2.8 lbs lost in the past two weeks. I am so thrilled for my progress! I took a look in the mirror in passing today, and I was shocked at what I saw staring back at me! I could see my waist! I could see the fat melting away! It was unbelievable! I know that I will make it this time around, and I know that I'm going to finally be at the size I would like to be at when this is all said and done. Perseverance is key! Stick with it!!

Make achievable goals. I have learned the hard way that if I set my sights too high, whenever I fall even the slightest bit short, I am disappointed with myself. So I set reasonable goals. I had a goal for January of this year, to lose 5 lbs. That's not unreasonable, right? I did so good that I surpassed that goal with 7 lbs. lost in January! So I keep my goals small, and I don't put the deadline so far in to the future that I cannot see it! Do a month at a time, a week at a time, a day at a time, whatever works for you. But just as our eyes are often bigger than our appetites, don't make your eyes strain so hard to see your goal that it virtually becomes unachievable. Be reasonable with your goal setting and time lines. You CAN do this!!!

Good luck this week! Keep at it! And know you've got a fan in me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment