DISCLAIMER: The information found on this blog is merely a suggestion for a healthy diet and healthier way of living. It is by no means a replacement for physician's recommendations and/or specific instructions provided to you by your physician. The authors of this blog will not be held accountable for your choices.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Work It....Own It.....Day 15-17

Monday was actually my 33rd birthday. And though I woke up at a leisurely time (10:30 am!!), I still had my breakfast, let it settle, and then did a workout. I know, I'm crazy!!! My birthday should have been a given at NOT working out. But when I sat contemplating on all the reasons NOT to work out, the one reason I had FOR working out was greater......I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!! So I put in my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and started the Level 3 workout. I remember LOVING the Level 3 workout before, but on this day, it was really kicking my butt! Which, of course, is a good thing, but still! I was out of breath, aching, and dripping with sweat by the time I got done with this workout! I felt the impact of this workout in the days to follow, which was a mere reminder that everything I am doing is working. :)

Tuesday brought forth my circuit workouts with Jillian. I got a great upper body workout, mainly targeting my arms. I worked my way toward completing one of the missions in the JM Fitness Ultimatum 2011 on the Wii, and despite my several attempts to make it all the way to the end of the mission, when you fail to do an exercise properly, it automatically quits the mission on you. There is a time limit on how long and how many tries you get to do an exercise correctly. There were a couple of exercises thrown in the mission that I had never done before, and despite the step-by-step instructions in the "Help" section of the game, I apparently was still not doing them right. So I got about 8:30-9:00 minutes in to the mission twice, and failed out automatically twice. At that point, my arms were so exhausted, that I decided to go in to the individual exercises and do reps on the two exercises I was having difficulty with. Let's just say, after doing the reps on the individual exercises, I'm pretty confident that I will kick booty on the next go round with the missions. :)

Wednesday was a rest day, and a very welcome one at that. My body was still a little sore from the rigorous workouts from the two previous days, and I had a lot to do since it was my husband's birthday. However, I did still complete my 25/25 Challenge, and have successfully kept up with that for every day of June. And, having done an arm routine Tuesday, and having done the 25/25 Challenge, after looking in the mirror, I noticed a difference in my arms. They are more tone all over, but the jiggly underarm is making it's transformation into a solid mass of muscle. :D I couldn't be happier about that!

Still noticing a difference in the mirror, and I am actually finding myself strut around more confidently than ever before. I know this is working, and that all I am doing is paying off. I've got 7 more pounds that I want to lose before we leave on vacation on July 1st, and at this rate, I really think I'm going to make it! So get out there and get your butts moving! Something is always better than nothing!!

Good luck in your workouts and healthy diets! Remember, losing weight is not merely losing weight. In order to keep the weight off, you must change your lifestyle and teach yourself how to balance eating and exercise in an efficient manner. You can SOO do this!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment