DISCLAIMER: The information found on this blog is merely a suggestion for a healthy diet and healthier way of living. It is by no means a replacement for physician's recommendations and/or specific instructions provided to you by your physician. The authors of this blog will not be held accountable for your choices.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Finding Hope in Darkness

 Many of you don't know my full medical story. It's okay. You don't have to. To fully understand me, probably. To fully understand my thrive for life, most definitely. To completely understand my gratefulness for each breath, abso-FREAKING-lutely. But I won't bore you with the details.

What I will briefly tell you is that I am plagued with a disease that will eventually take my life. Eventually, my body will not be able to handle simple tasks, and it will begin to shutdown. I had a bad period of time last summer where everything I was trying to do to keep myself healthy was not working. I completely turned my diet around. I was exercising every single day. I was on top of taking my medication. I was doing everything bright, and my doctor even told me so. Yet nothing was budging. Instead I got diagnosed with two more medical issues, for a total of four illnesses that battle against each other on a daily basis. Did I want to give up? HELL YEAH!! I cried. For DAYS. Stopped taking my medicine. Ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and I stopped working out. Because I figured if I was gonna go, I was going on my terms. Then one day a friend posted a phrase about her illness that spoke to me. It said, "Maybe God gave me this disease so I could understand how important loving life is." I cried. And then I started all over again.

Many of you will never know the full struggles I face, and I pray you will never have to face them yourselves. I was in a dark place with no hope, thinking everything was lost. It took one little phrase to turn life around. So today I offer you this photo. And I pray that if you are in the depths of your darkness, and finding it hard to move on, that you fight, you keep on working, and that you find your purpose to continue. Put your hand on your heart. Do you feel that? That means you aren't dead yet. There's still hope. And if you still can't find your fight, message me. We'll work through it together. I've been there. It's dark. But I promise you, there is a light.


No comments:

Post a Comment