DISCLAIMER: The information found on this blog is merely a suggestion for a healthy diet and healthier way of living. It is by no means a replacement for physician's recommendations and/or specific instructions provided to you by your physician. The authors of this blog will not be held accountable for your choices.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Bound and Determined

Yep, this is the year. I've been putting it off for too long, and I'm bound and determined to make a significant difference this year. I have tried everything. I did the Atkins Diet, Mayo Clinic Diet, Cabbage Soup Diet, Slim Fast, you name it, I have done it. I have lost weight to gain it all back, and sometimes, I gained more than I lost. The only diet that kept me consistently losing and doing well was a protein shake twice a day with a balanced meal for dinner and three snacks a day. The problem? I enjoy food too much to drink my meals all the time. :)

About a year ago, after having watched many seasons of The Biggest Loser, I bought Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I figured I would give it a shot, since I was about out of options and things to try. As promised, having done the workout for 30 days, I lost 15 lbs. I could not have been any happier. Of course, life after that got busy, and my excuses to not workout followed, and the dvd got pushed to the side.

So this year, as I was planning my strategy to losing weight and keeping things fresh as far as workouts go, I decided to buy some games for my Wii to keep me active and enjoying my workouts. I bought Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2011 and The Biggest Loser Challenge. I am still awaiting the arrival of The Biggest Loser Challenge, but when I opened the JMFU 2011, I found an invitation to join Jillian's program on her website for FREE for 30 days, and if I don't like it, I can cancel it before the trial period is over. It has officially been three days since I've become a member, and I am nothing less than super impressed. Logging your food, figuring out your calories in and calories out, how much you need to burn, all the math that you used to do for yourself is completely done for you. Your workouts are outlined for you. You can even change to easier exercises if you feel the one given is too advanced for you.

I have logged my calories for two full days, and completed two whole circuit workouts. I cannot express how fantastic I feel, despite me cursing about halfway through the workout. You work up a sweat, you do it in the comfort of your own home, and you get a great workout that literally works every inch of your body.

In the coming weeks, I will be sharing bits and pieces of information that I am learning from my program. Some of the information is a repeat of things I have been saying for years, and some of it will be new information to copy down and keep with you. Whether it's old or new, it's information that you will want as you strive to build a better, more healthy you. So stay tuned, keep burning those calories, and stick to finding healthier ways to eat. The new, healthier you is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment